"Ever heard of the saying: 'Abs is made in the kitchen?' Nothing could speak the truth more." - Askmen.com
Men want six-pack abs to impress women. A fully-toned and lean midsection is considered the sexiest part of a man's body. Yet, there's more to good abs than just the hot looks. Six-pack abs has been linked to improved body circulation, stability, and balance. This is why athletes exert extra effort to build their stomach. Six-pack abs also help increase metabolism. Muscles burn fat and increase basal metabolic rate as well. Your abs will even help minimize fat storage. With lowered body fat, your risks for diseases associated with obesity are also reduced.
Most of us think that the only way to have washboard abs is through intense power exercise. With the abdominal area being the most stubborn part to tone, we can imagine how intense the workout should be. It is not true that the way to have power abs is to stop enjoying food and start performing killer workouts. Without proper diet, you are unlikely to reap the benefits of your hard sessions in the gym. The big surprise is you can eat your way to good abs and obtain all its health benefits.
You can enjoy your food and still have a six-pack. The higher the intake of the following foods, the more your body will be able to increase lean muscle mass, develop a toned stomach, and avoid fat storage:
1. Almonds and other nuts. They are high in protein, monounsaturated fats, vitamin E, folate, fiber, magnesium, and phosphorus. Nuts promote muscle building, end food cravings, and block calories.
2. Beans and other legumes. They are high in fiber, protein, iron, and folate. Legumes promote fat burning and regulate digestion.
3. Dairy products. They are high in calcium, vitamin A and B12, riboflavin, phosphorous, and potassium. Dairy products help increase your basal metabolism rate.
4. Oatmeal. Oatmeal is packed with complex carbohydrates and fiber. It regulates blood sugar levels and kills hunger pangs.
5. Eggs. These are high in protein, vitamin A, and B12. Eggs help build muscle and speed up fat burning.
6. Turkey and other lean meats. Lean meats are highly packed in protein, zinc, creatine, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B6 and B12, phosphorous and potassium. These also promote muscle building.
7. Whole-grain breads and cereals. These are high in fiber, protein, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pyridoxine, vitamin E, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. Whole grains prevent fat storage.
Here are some of the foods to avoid as you work your way to great abs:
1. Processed foods
2. Toxic (Trans & Saturated) fats
3. Refined sugars
4. Processed meats
5. Refined white flour
6. Chemically laden foods
7. Artificial sweeteners
Good abs come not only from proper training but also from good food!
To learn more about natural ways to lose weight and build muscles, visit yogic-slim.com.
India Herbs is a holistic health care provider with offices in the USA, Singapore, and India. We offer lifestyle guidance in conjunction with extracts-only herbal supplements based on Ayurveda - a 5,000 year old traditional medicine system used by over 900 million people worldwide! Visit india-herbs.com for more information about "Ancient Remedies for Modern Times".
Be Biggie's angel or play the dark side.
Help him achieve his goal or make it harder for him to reach the finish line.